My baby

Harley, photo by me

Yesterday, I spent the day napping and cuddling with my cat, Harley. In the last couple of days she had been having trouble walking and moving around. We decided to put her down last night. She was 19 years old, and we had her since I was 6. I grew up with her. I used to dress her in doll clothes and drag her around the house. When I was older, she had a knack of knowing when I was upset. She would always appear and I would bury my face in her fur and cry. An animal’s love in so heartbreakingly unconditional. In truth, I like animals more than I like the majority of people in the world.

It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I love you, Harley!

• By Faebala, June 3, 2011 @ 11:17 am

Harley. :( *hugs tight* I will miss her chatting to me while you are on pee breaks. And also, I will miss her drooling on me both through the computer and when I was next to her.

• By Shaun McAlister, June 3, 2011 @ 11:33 am

I’m so sorry to hear that *hugs* I rember how crappy I felt when one of my cats went ‘missing’. I can only imagine how hard last night must have been for you.

• By Stephanie, June 3, 2011 @ 11:53 am

*hug*

From someone who has been there I know how hard it is.

• By Alaina, June 3, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

*hugs* I’m so sorry too! You’re so right about the unconditional love and the special bond and the total awesomeness that only a pet can bring. My heart goes out to you and your family <3

• By Eleni, June 4, 2011 @ 3:04 am

Aw, what a sweet cat. I know what you mean how animals can be so comforting when you need a cry. They don’t judge, just give you love. I’m sorry for your loss.

• By Caitlin Magee, June 6, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

OMG i’m so sorry to hear that just remeber that Harley is not gone, he is forever in your heart<3

• By Chandra, June 7, 2011 @ 8:14 am

She was such a cuttie! Looked and acted just like a kitten. I’m so sorry Heather. Let me know if you need anything <3 .