Still here

So, I still exist. It’s just that I got a new job and therefore have a lot less time on my hands. I’ve also become addicted to Dragon Age Origins. As I do when I’m stressed.

I was just talking to Fae about anxiety issues and how hard that makes it to start a new job. That’s my real excuse for not blogging recently. New jobs make me incredibly anxious and I don’t blog when I’m emotionally overwhelmed. Now the job is less overwhelming, but the way things are going it may still lead me to a life of heavy drinking.

In which case, I promise I’ll attempt to blog drunk. Or from AA.

They should hold AA meetings in the hotel where I work.

Anyway. On top of the anxiety of starting a new job, I am having a sort of quarter life crisis. Like, what do I really want to do with my life? Now that I’m making at least some money, where do I go from here?

Same questions, just another day.

I am, however, going to make a conscious effort to get back to my writing. Both here and elsewhere. Not only because I’ve had a couple of people ask me if I’m going to update my blog recently (*cough* Alaina *cough*) but also because I’m happier when I write and I’m in desperate need of some sort of purpose in my life.

• By Kit, April 5, 2011 @ 4:24 am

*squishes* Missed your writing, though I thought your reasons for NOT writing would be along the lines of what you described.

• By Alaina, April 5, 2011 @ 10:37 am

Yay! New blog! I understood you were busy, lol but I did miss reading all the interesting thing u have to say.

• By Faebala, April 5, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

I’ve REALLY missed blog updates, as I have nothing to do all day but browse the internet and hope someone has updated their blog.

• By Eleni, April 5, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Yay for Dragon Age addictions! So tell me, do you carefully line up a Cone of Cold on a bunch of baddies and then use Stonefist/Crushing Prison/automatic critical hit moves from everyone in your party to smash all the baddies into smithereens? That was my favorite thing to do, but they did away with that in DA2 (a few attacks do extra damage against “brittle”, but it’s not an insta-kill), and I miss it.

Anyway, as far as real life goes…It’s good you’re making money–do you have your own place as well? I’ve totally been having quarter-life crisis issues recently as well. It occurred to me that high school is 4 years, college is 4 years, so that makes this my senior year of “real world”. I’m getting senioritis, ready to move on. Doubts about grad school, wondering what I’d do instead, etc. Hopefully we’ll figure it out :)
    Got to find out, don’t want to wait
    Got to make sure that my life will be great.
    Gotta find my purpose, before it’s too late…

• By Sebastian, April 9, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I’ve been kind of coming to terms with being an adult, too. I’ve been working for years, but it’s only now that I’m really making serious money — enough to buy houses, or cars, or harems.

For the first time, I’m also looking at some semblance of a career. I’m a bit behind other people my age, too, because I spent a few years travelling and… not working on a career.

Still, I like to think I’m making good progress! Almost 27, tho’…

• By Hez, April 9, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

Eleni - Thanks for that suggestion! I started trying it and I can’t fight any other way anymore! hahaha. And yeah, it’s good to be making money at least! And hopefully moving out in the fall.

Seb- A new career or just more of what you’ve been doing?

• By Eleni, April 9, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

In some ways, that technique is too effective, which I guess is why they changed it in DA2. Though it doesn’t work on more powerful enemies, so it’s not too unfair.

• By Sebastian, April 10, 2011 @ 5:47 am

This writing thing is fast becoming a career. I’ve been doing it for 18 months now, and I’m writing for about 6-8 hours a day, so I guess it’s a proper, bona fide JOB.

Now it’s just a matter of avoiding an office/cubicle job…