Left and Leaving V

“…And then I didn’t get into the class.”

The Chris can tell a story about anything. She tells hilarious stories about using hummus in the bedroom in the exact same tone as the story about not being able to get into a desired class in high school. And the way she tells it, it really is enthralling. Until you realize that you’ve been listening to a story about high school Shop Class for thirty minutes. But that’s why I love The Chris.

I’m a rather quiet person, often, and because of this I make a habit of surrounding myself with two types of people. Either people who love to talk and are happy to have someone to listen, or people who are comfortable in silence. Chris is the talking type. I adore spending time with her and just listening. I am always thoroughly entertained.

We went to get our hair done today. It’s one of the things we do together, like going out for sushi and eating KFC. Over the last year we’ve gotten quite close, and she was often a staple of at our apartment, even though she didn’t live there. We just fit together, the four of us.

The Chris (who uses the word ‘the’ before most nouns, as emphasis, which earned her that nickname) is the kind of person I quite often wish I was. There isn’t anything she hasn’t thought about, in some way. She always has a theory about something, and it’s always insightful enough for me to do a double take, and quite often to quote to other friends in conversations. Chris isn’t afraid to be herself and always seems to know exactly who that is.

This is only a brief farewell, for The Chris will be following me to England soon enough, though she’ll be living in Brighton.

As my birthday present, Chris wrote me three letters I’m supposed to read at different points this week, on my way to England and when I arrive. She also promised to send me letters constantly, which I hope means that I’ll get to hear all of her exciting (or seemingly so) stories even though I’m not here.

100_0870_3

• By Sarah, September 2, 2009 @ 10:38 am

What a sweet present idea! The Chris sounds pretty awesome :)

• By Faebala, September 2, 2009 @ 11:41 am

I didn’t know Chris was going to England as well! What’s she going there for?

• By Sebastian, September 2, 2009 @ 9:11 pm

The Chris and The Seb might have to meet up in The Lanes of The Brighton and have some, er, The Coffee.

She sounds great… though maybe more so in an American environment :P

• By Christine Sweeton (The Chris), September 3, 2009 @ 12:00 am

This is ME!!!

First off the leginday -Didn`t Get In The Class- story was way longer than thirty minutes, I think it was closer to a couple of hours and by the end had detailed my course scheduals for all five years of high school. Oh the tangents….so many tangents.

I enjoy the fourth paragraph where you make me sound really smart. Ironically, in the car the very day this post was written I believe I had been ranting to you about how retarded I am. This was after you had used some word or the other that I didn`t know the meaning of –English Major, What!–

Best wishes in England!! Love you!

• By Christine Sweeton (The Chris), September 3, 2009 @ 12:01 am

Note the spelling mistakes -English Major, What!-

• By Andhari, September 3, 2009 @ 9:48 am

The Chris sounds awesome, I love it that she gave you different letters to read in different times. Best friends, they make me the happiest too :)

• By Hezabelle, September 3, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Chris - Is “English Major, WHAT?” your new motto? Hahaha.

Fae - Chris is lucky, she has a British passport, so she can go ever and work there whenever she wants!